Financial Help‎ > ‎

Moray Council Grants

There are grants available from Moray Council for alterations you may have to make to your house because of disability. For instance you may need a shower room and toilet downstairs, or a ramped access to your front door may now be necessary. At first it's best to speak to your Occupational Therapist about this.

The Moray Council has a Grants Officer. He is Ivor McIvor who can be contacted on 01343 563508

Moray Council also have a Care & Repair service with free advice and practical assistance available to elderly people and people with disabilities. The help available is for repairs or improvements to your house if you are a home owner or private tenant. 

The sorts of things they can help with are:

Roof and gutter repairs
Walls, pointing, harling
Replacement doors and windows
Adaptations to help manage a disability

To access this service call 0300 1234566 and ask for the Home Improvement Team or write to:

Environmental Services
Housing and Property
The Moray Council
PO Box 6760
Elgin IV30 9BX